how much equipment is needed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Doug8949, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Doug8949

Doug8949 LawnSite Member

hi i take care of 200 homes done every 14 days i also take care of 30 homes i do weekly and 160 different apartment buildings. How much equipment will i need i figure about (5) 2 man crews. what do you think

2. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

uh... 7. if you already have these accounts why are you asking? aren't you already doing them? is it working? If it is, look outside and count your equipment. If it isn't, add some. talk to the guys doing the work. They have an idea or two....

3. Doug8949

Doug8949 LawnSite Member

We picked up this work in the middle of winter and have not done the work yet tying to figure it out so the spring and summer art a surprise.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

It,a too late. It already is a surprise.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Doug let's see if I understood your post .:waving:
    Did you say five two man crews.:nono:

6. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

So you went from 30 weekly homes to 200 biweekly homes AND 160 apartments complexes
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

I got to ask how did you "pick up" a total of 390 properties? There are some big very successful outfits on here, I worked for a good size LCO for years. I don't think any of them have that many properties and certainly if they were going to take on any large scale operation like that (I'll assume they are all located very close together and small cookie cutter lots) they would have it down to a science as to exactly how long it would take and exactly how much material needed.

How did you sell yourself for this? The company I worked for had to provide equipment lists ect so that the owner or mgt company would know we, or others submitting bids, were capable and equipped to do the work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

We need a lot more info about this. How many times will you have to move your truck to completle these and how many acres would this all add up too?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I agree with this post.

Can you give us some more information. How much weed eatting and all that? Another thing would be. What do you have on your trucks now equipment wise? Are you dragging trailers behind truck or do you run box trucks? Do you have to bag any of this grass, are you installing mulch or pine straw on the flower beds?

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

3 one tons
    1 3/4 ton
    1 ranger

3 enclosed
    1 deckover

4 walkers
    3 36" wb's
    2 72" z's

5 kombi's with all attachments
    10 trimmers
    7 bp blowers

My short list........

Oh yeah........... 10 guys to run the stuff ;)
    Posted via Mobile Device