how much for 05 Scag 48" Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nov141992, Mar 28, 2005.

1. nov141992

nov141992 LawnSite Member

I was quoted $5000 even for a 2005 Scag, 48" Hydro fixed deck, 17 hp Kawasaki (model SWZ48A-17KA). Is this what you've paid? Any idea of how much room the dealer has?

How much have you got off the list price on a new Scag, if anything?

Does Scag ever offer a rebate the way there is until end of May with Hustler products? Are prices pretty consistent from one Scag dealer to another?

Thanks for any advice.

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

'00 SWZU 48" Hydro, 17HP kawi, floating deck & '01 SWZU 48" Hydro, 17HP kawi, floating advantage deck w/ mulch kit...both were around 6k...both were pruchased in the same model years.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I paid a little less for the same model, he should deal with you make him throw in a hour meter and sulky, price about 350 on these.If you finance thru sheffield they will charge a 125 bull@#$% fee on top.
  4. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i got quoted around 5200 for 18hp honda 48" hydro from scag. Went with the husqvarna floating deck with the 18hp kawaski and electric start for 4500 which was originally priced at 5500. My dealer gave me a good deal because it was early season when I bought it and I have good connections through their. The husqvarna is a beast and even though it gets bashed on this sight I was glad to buy it and cant wait to cut some grass. I may even trade in the scag for a fixed deck hydro from husqvarna just because when I got behind the hydro controls, I realized that hydros are like night to day with the gear drive mowers.
  5. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a brand new 03 Scag 48 hydro/17 kawi,e/s. I Got from a doctor/homeowner.Got 30 or so hrs (still got knubbys).Gimmie 3800.00 payup (Too many 48s) 2 hrs from boston. :waving:
  6. nmf392

nmf392 LawnSite Member
    from Ma

I don' kow if you have you heart set on a Scag, but you might want to look into Lesco. They are selling 52" hydros for about $3800. Their is a sale tomorrow in Pembroke, just talked my Dartmouth dealer today, don't know if your close to the area
  7. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

Actually, I think $5,000 may be the going rate for a 48" fixed deck Scag 17hp Hydro. I was asking my dealer the other day what they 05's were going for and he said they went up to $5,200. Last year I paid $5,000 plus tax.

You might be able to get him to throw in the hour meter. However, I think that meter is like $70 or so. If he doesn't buy it anyway. Great to have.

I am not sure what the list price is on a Scag.

Good luck with your purchase. I know Scag's can run a bit more than a lot of the other commercial machines out there. However, I think you will be very happy with it.
  8. nov141992

nov141992 LawnSite Member

Planet Landscaping,

I have some interest in your offer. I am not able to PM you (probably because I'm fairly new to this site).

How can I get a hold of you, what is your e mail address?

Please e mail me at
    (remove no spam from address)
  9. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

05 48" exmark 15hp kawi w/ECS for $3999 and 52" 17hp for $4399. Dealer here says it's exmarks promo price.
  10. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

thats a little steep, for 500 more you can get the cub. i got quoted 5800 for a 52 hydro floating deck and that is from one of my 2 dealers (this one is the expensive one) a 48 belt is 2849. you think 2 hydro pumps are worth2200 bucks :dizzy: this quote is from my cheap dealer oh ya the 2849 is a 15 hp my bad. it just matters on the dealer and location and dealer service