How much for 4 acres?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Okay now ... being realistic here ... how much do you get for a residential 4 acre lawn? I know from past experience of reading many posts like this that there are many who are going to state something unbelievably high, and some that are going to almost be low-ballers low ... but on average, for a lawn with just your average trimming and blowing around the residence, how much do you (or would you) get?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Probably around $175, maybe a little more.

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge $75/acre. I have a 4 acre property that I cut twice a month and that is what the lady pays me. So... $300.

4. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

$299.08 for (4) acres with normal obstacles trim & blow only, would take 257.00 but that is low as I would go. I have a few (4) acre lots on most it around $299-$340, I am going to say it again it depends on the area. I charge $90.87 a acre with normal obstacles $115.00 -$120.00 a acre to bag. If a lawn has bad hills a whole lot of trees its going to be around $130.00-$150.00 a acre.

5. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

trimming is the determinant, assuming 4 hours onsite prolly $200

i give a little discount since its all in one place.
    he will prolly get alot of bids from $150-$250

6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Are you asking what I'd bid now, or when I first started this business? :)

Seriously, if nothing exceptional about the property requiring lots of extra time, edging, or something, probably $150 to $175.

7. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Depends on your equipment. With my set up, I'm not so sure I'd bid it at all. I've got a .53 acre lot that I mow, and I hate to think about spending 8 times as much time on the mower at one whack. I've got a little bitty main mower though. If you've got the mower to bust it out quick, I'd start at $200, and be flexible if they wanted to dicker (a little).

8. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

Normal flat lawn wide open areas, probably anywhere from $160 -$2oo.

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Probably around $300

10. texpro

texpro LawnSite Member

is it finish cut or can you use a tractor