How much for 5 acres wide open mowing???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjcezar, Jan 25, 2007.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

How much for 5 acres wide open mowing? There is no trimming and is flat. (ball fields). Jobs get done every week and are within minutes of other properties we mow. Just seeing what others may charge for this.

2. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

The problem with something like that is you will make less without trimming. People see more 'value' in that. I would tell the customer it would take about 2 hours (really only 1hr + by myself with a 60" Dixie Chopper) and probably charge $150 per visit

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd agree. Wide open with no trimming and you've got a good sized Z, then 30-40/acre would seem about right.

4. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Dang i dont want to say how much a charge, but i wouldnt be able to afford my 60" grasshopper at 30-40 an acre.

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

With bigger mowers 35.00 per acre is good money but it hard to get that much.

6. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

35 an acre your crazy!!!!!!!!!

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

No, not crazy.

If you've got a 60-72" mower and it's flat, smooth and no obstacles, and not overgrown, you can mow at full stick and still make good money at that rate.

Now if it was a SINGLE acre then the price would be more, but the larger the acreage, the more you can discount it.

8. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

thats a big discount maybe 50 acres for 35 each but not 5

9. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

That will probably go for $100 or maybe even a little less.

10. gringo gardener

gringo gardener LawnSite Member

most sites teel u that a 60" deck cuts about 23 acres per 8 hr day ... so figure with overlap prob 'bout 2.5 acres an hour ... so this site should be completed and back on the road well w/in 2.5 hrs

i would have to say that at $35/hr gross if you bid this at $80 you could keep some change in yer pockets

then again i'm just a gardener getting into mowing - LOL!