How much for 6.2 acres

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by birddseedd, Apr 8, 2013.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Gauranteed that's what happened, someone probly came in at $90. 6 acres in my area would be pushin $500 a cut.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JMH Development

JMH Development LawnSite Member

Flat level acre with no obstructions... $65.00 per acre... $390.00 per cut min.

3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I'll just assume you guys bidding $300 + are running 48's.

I agree with Snyder's, 6.2 acres should take no more than an hour and a half with the right equipment.

4. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

yep.

but i do not see how 100 is loosing money. im still making over 60 bucks an hour.

well. was.

5. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I never said $100 was losing money. My price would have been higher depending on a few factors. If those factors weren't an issue I would agree for billable time the mowing could be done in about an hour and a half which would be decent money @ $100-$200 per mow.

6. birddseedd

others said it was loosing money. ill try for at least 150. the lot is for profit afterall. although, if they want me to start trimming head stones i want a per hour cost.

7. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

birdseed, if it takes 2.5 hours to cut and you are paid $100 that is $40/hr. Figure your travel time , fuel to travel and cut, and the wear and tear on the machine, you would not be making that much. :drinkup:

8. birddseedd

that was on my 48" walk behind. its more like 1.5 with my toro

9. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

It's Almost losing money. Fuel, drive time, wear/tear. Replacement costs, Opportunity costs, then pay taxes, you've made under $30 for the time on site. Add in all the other time it takes... We aren't pulling these 200-275 prices out of our butts. I've been in this 9 years. Last 2 years I've been really paying attention to my numbers. You'd be surprised.

You're saying "made 60/hour"

Hell, I made 895 today, gross. But didn't bring home near that.
    It's only money. Might as well do it for $50
    Posted via Mobile Device