How much for a 16' tandem with ramp?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rockstate, Feb 1, 2005.

1. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

What do you guys think is a fair price on a 16' open tandem trailer?

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i'll sell you my 18' for $1700 it's a nice trailer. i'm going to be getting an 16' enclosed this year.

3. JLLawn

JLLawn LawnSite Member

What material, steel or alumnium? Are you selling it or buying it? If it is steel i would say between $1400 and $1800 and if it is alumnium i would say $1900-$2500. now if the trailer is enclosed i would add prolly $500 or $700 to the price.

4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Since i am in your area...If no options but a ramp, less than $1000. My 18' with a ramp and brakes was $1400.

5. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

In Alabama i had a custom built straight from a trailer manufacturer. 16' All steel construction 6" channel subframe with mainframe mounted on top of that 2' rear dovetail with drop gate. 5' side drop gate and 2' high mesh steel sides for hauling mulch. 3 place Trimmer racks on each side, front mount locking cage, tool holder tubes mounted on sides. 2 3000 lb axles one with brakes. Painted to match my truck for $1275.00

6. Dig-it Landscaping

Dig-it Landscaping LawnSite Member

I know a local guy that sells 16' tandem axle trailers with split ramps and 3000# axles. they are painted black with wood floors. 1 axle has brakes. trailer has lightsand everything 2" ball. he gets them out of missouri and brings them back 7-9 at a time and sells them for less than 900. a friend of mine bought one for mowing and it held up pretty good.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sikeston MO?? That is where most people here in the Mid-West get their trailers from.

8. mission007

mission007 LawnSite Member

THEY ALSO HAVE A PLACE IN BRASON , MO JUST BOUGHT A 16FT TANDEM & REAL GOOD TO WORK WITH YOU CAN FIND THEM ON EBAY

9. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, you guys out west get some good deals. My 16ft cost me close to $3,000 when all said and done, and the enclosed go for around $5500

10. Anthony Orlando

Anthony Orlando LawnSite Member

I dont know if you seen my ad Dig it Landscaping. I know that you had been looking at skidloaders earlier. i am willing to give you a very good deal on my S185. It is verl clean with 350 hours.Let me know if you have any interest. Lo9cated in green Bay, WI. Will deliver. 1-920-819-4536 ( Tony)