1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how much $ for a stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnInOrder, Apr 8, 2007.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

how much would you pay for a couple year old stander with a catcher with over 2000 hours on the motor and the hydros are a little sloppy. IS it even worth buying? Let me know. thanks LawnInOrder
  2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

You can expect about 2000 to 2500hrs, out of a commercial unit before you can expect major systems to fail. Now I am not saying that the thing will self destruct at 2500hrs., but it is nearing the end of the road and will start to nickle and dime you to the point of costing you money. Always expect the worst out of any used equipment. i would not pay a cent over $1500 for this thing.
  3. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I agree with paying 50% of anything over 2000 hours. I am saying 50% of the hour meter at 2000 hours.......$1000 max.
  4. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

the guy is looking for liek $1200 but says he need money. So imma offer him $1000. How much are new hydros for a stander. It is real cheap but i don;t want it to me a cash mine either where i am putting alot of money into something when it not worth it. Let me know. Thanks LawnInOrder