1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How Much for a ZTR??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slapshotmike24, Aug 30, 2004.

1. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what I should expect to pay for a basic 52" ztr. Currently I am doing all residental but plan to add some bigger commercial accounts for next year. I also need some advice on engine size? I dont want to end up with an underpowered mower. I just wanted to get a ballpark estimate of what I'm going to pay for a 52" ztr. And I need your opinions on brands. :confused: Thanks

2. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

I dont know if this will help, but currently I am using an old beltdrive Bobcat w/b. I have already thought it through, and I a ztr is the best mower for what I am doing. So i dont need the whole, "maybe you should stick with a w/b lecture" I have searched enough of that issue.

3. Mycannon

Mycannon LawnSite Member

between 6 and 7 thousand

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

here for a basic ztr it's around 7000 to 7800 depending on what brand you get.

as for horsepower, anything under 20 hp engine is too small for a 52" (IMO).

5. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

Just looked at a Toro today. $6950.00, as for HP TClawn, I have a 52'' Toro Z that has a 19 Kaw. on it and it is sufficant HP for it and I even have a recycle kit installed. Did I mention 90% of my mowing is in the a.m. Slapshot, don't procrastinate any longer! If you are able go and get that rider. You will never regret it.

6. RichmondR

RichmondR LawnSite Member

hulan2 -- Just wondering -- Which model did you look at and what size engine/deck? Im considering a Toro Z400 series now.

Thanks
    rich

7. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Really depends on what your looking for...

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Six to eight grand...Unless you find a demo or an outright steal..I believe the Bad boy "Pup" model is under six for a 52"..So are others if you shop around.

9. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

Rich, It was a 52'' 04 model z500 series. It had a kohler 20 hp motor and if I remember correctly you can get it with a 24. Toro has really beefed up the whole mower compaired to my 03 model. I have been quite satisfied with my Toro. I have a little more than 300 hours on it and they have replaced one spindle and it was under warranty. I paid 6600.00 in Jan. 03, so the price at the dealer I use has not gone up considering the way that unit is built. -Good luck

10. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

54" Lesco Z-Two.. $5995.. Possibly less this time of the year..