How much for Commercial Maintenance???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeg8575, Mar 15, 2009.

1. mikeg8575

mikeg8575 LawnSite Member

I have been doing residential lawns for about 6 years now. I've been given the opportunity to price a commercial site for maintenance. The site is about 16 acres, 4 acres of it is grass to cut. They want it cut approx. 25 times in the season. Most of it is wide open space. Maybe a 1/4 acre in front of the building and islands in the parking lot which I would need to use a 36" mower and bag it. I plan on having myself and 3 guys do it. How would you guys charge for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. They need the proposal this week! Thanks

2. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Bid it like you would a residential lawn. But, are you going to have to blow the whole parking lot or just cleanup your mess?? That makes a big difference.

3. kaferhaus

kaferhaus LawnSite Bronze Member

There's nothing different about pricing the two. you're billing for "time" no matter what the job is.

4. legacyscapes

legacyscapes LawnSite Member

Price it the same. We price ours per the man hr just like the residential.

5. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

I think its great that you are going to get some commercial accounts but just something to think about is you only can use one mower and its a 36, how are you going to use 3 guys. seems to me you would wasting your money paying one of the other guys. I would go with two probably,

6. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he said the 36 was for the islands.