How much for Great dane Scamper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by anothertractor, Sep 30, 2004.

1. anothertractor

anothertractor LawnSite Member

I am looking at a used 36" hydro Great Dane scamper. I did not get the hours from it yet but it looks to be in very good condition. Do you know what a new one costs with a Velke? This one has the loop handles.

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would guess around $4000 for a new one, but discounting on the less popular brands or outdated models can mean big swings in actual prices paid. My hunch is they're going out the door for less than that.

Hours and condition makes a huge difference in the price of a used one. Find out the age, then assume the worst in terms of hours, since hour meters may not be present on some models, or could have been disconnected possibly. Make sure the mower fits your needs and cuts the way you want it to. A cheap purchase price could be an expensive mistake if it doesn't fit your needs.

The scamper may not have a good mulch kit, they didn't when I inquired about them. It has a fixed deck, with its limitations, so be sure you can work with that in terms of grass height ranges. And Great Dane probably isn't the brand that some others are in terms of number and commitment of dealerships.
  3. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i think my dealer hs a 36" scamper for $2500-2800 new right now its been sitting in the show room for a while
  4. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what exactly the scamper is, but I recently purchased a brand new GD 48" hydro WB with 17 hp Kaw for $3000 on e-bay. So far I like it. Im an e-bay aholic, u wouldnt believe all I bought on there
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen lots of great deals on GD's on Ebay. But be careful to compare models. The brand new pistol grip 36" hydro I watched last winter never sold even at $2999, but I saw lots of loop handle models go fast.