how much for pesticides license? bobby gedd first.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawnwizards, Aug 30, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

what if i'm in business with a friend of mine? would we both have to take the tests? and whats the average price to take the test?

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i don't remember if i had to pay to take the test, if i did, it was minor, like mnaybe $50. in new jersey, whatever the business is who is for hire, must be registerd and licensed. in order to HAVE your business licensed, you must employ a "responsible applicator" who is going to apply the chemicals, and keep the records, and will be responsible for upholding the laws. if you are licensed, and your friend is not, your friend can apply, but must be in clear view of you at all times. now, he can get an "operators" license, which will require much lesser testing , but he will be under your supervision, this means you don't have to be on the site, but, he must be able to contact you at all times, and you must be within 3 hrs travel time to the site . these are nj regs, they vary from state to state

3. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

What part of Ky you located. Inlexington you can get the info you need from UK. If both of you plan to spray you will both have to pass test.

4. Outback Designz

I would talk with Uk. Laws are a little different from NJ like bobby mentioned.

5. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

6. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

Paranioa:: :eek:

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes gramps, it's part of the long term effects of that stuff i smoke

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

outback, i live near ashland. on the eastern end... is there a website that you know of that could give me more info???

thanks bobby for the info....

9. Outback Designz

10. Outback Designz

lw, What that site of any use to you?
    Hope it answered any questions you have.