How Much For Small Sprinkler Add-On's

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DieselDeere, Sep 6, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

How much would you charge for installing a 4" Pop-up? It is 6' from the mainline. The sod would also have to be replaced.

2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

as much as the market place would alow me...sorry, i am here to make $$$.

brian

is the main line a zone main line or do i have to install a valve, wire it to a timer...

more info.

brian

3. DieselDeere

from Midwest

The mainline is a 1" poly pipe, ready to go. Except it it 6' away from were the head needs to be.

4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

cut mainline, install a "Tee", run 6' of funny pipe to head, install head, replace sod. Hmmmm let's see.........$85, more if its in clay.

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

100 or more depending on variables

6. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

I would hate to take your fun away but, How many heads are on the zone now?.... are you sure the zone will handle extra water need to supply the new head and the others. is it a quarter turn, half turn or full circle.... before you get paid by me you will need to answer that question......I would charge 65.00 in my market..

7. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

use a tarp and carefully cut the sod and then put it right back on. cut it in big enough pieces so you dont lose orientation, just like carpet,

8. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Turfman, make sure the zone can support an additional head. As far as cost..It'll be approx 62 to 75 dollars depending on head type. (spray/rotor, checked/unchecked)

9. aquablue16

aquablue16 LawnSite Member

Popups can use quite a bit of water so making sure the zone would not be affected too much would be a start. In my area some guys use 100% of whats available when designing so...

But $75-100 depending on area and soil

10. DieselDeere

from Midwest

The soil is hard clay and the zone has plenty of room for expansion.