How much $ for wb?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JLL25, Jan 1, 2006.

1. JLL25

JLL25 LawnSite Member

I might have the opportunity to buy two walkbehinds, a 44" and a 37" both Toro both are hydro not belt driven, I dont know the hp on either. They both have the T-bar I couldnt tell you how many hours are on them but I know they are at least 3 years old and they have been ran almost everyday of the mowing season, definitely in "used" condition. Could you guys give me at least a ball park figure?

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The 44" toro's are still in production so year is going to be hard to say. They have not made the 37" for a while. I would say $1,200 for the 37" if it is in GREAT shape. As you describe it I would offer him a price of $800 for it depending on how it looks, runs, cuts, drives etc.
    You will not be diassapointed with the T-BAR drive system...They are wonderful to use. TORO dealer suport is also very very good!!
    Best of luck!!

3. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

tell him 1300 for both...the way u descibe them thats what i would pay...maybe a lil less...but i also paid 200 for my 1st mower and fixed it up so i dunno dont spend a lot of money and im guessin u will be runnin a biz with these so make sure to keep up on them and i would personally take them to a shop to get a full service done b4 i took them out

4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

with the model no. and serial no. you can go to www.toro.com and get the year of manufacture.