how much gas do you guys use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by llama, Aug 5, 2003.

1. llama

llama LawnSite Member

I am in my first year in this profession. I was wondering, how much gas/oil do you use (as a %) of your gross income? All we do is mow grass. We have Scag ztrs, weedeaters, & blowers. Thanks in advance for you answers.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

so far we have used 2041.659 gallons of gas this year

3. Thousands of gallons of both.

4. llama

llama LawnSite Member

The question was what percentage of your gross was the gas/oil, but i see for some smartasses, you don't understand percentages.

5. tiedeman

from earth

I am not being a smartass...I am telling you exactly how much gallons i have used this year...better to be a smartass though instead of a dumbass.

Yup, LGF, keep track of it exactly

6. tiedeman

from earth

I am too lazy to find out the percentage though right now. But like I said, I know the gallons exactly because I keep track of them

7. llama

llama LawnSite Member

i may tend to think the later instead of the former if you think 2041.659 is a percentage.

8. mrbenfer

mrbenfer LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

llama jeezzzz.. How do you expect help when you treat people like that. How in the world did you get smart a** out of those replies to your post..

Lamer :/

9. tiedeman

from earth

what did I just say...I said that I don't know the percentage off hand because I don't want to figure it out. Tell me then the percentage and gallons that you use each year?

10. llama

llama LawnSite Member

i asked for a percentage of the gas/oil usage and i got one answer of "thousands of gallons" and a gallon total rounded off to the nearest thousandth of a gallon. I don't think those answers were being given in a sincere manner