how much gas does your shindaiwa use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, May 7, 2004.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

My new t-260 loves the gas. I hope it slows down after a few more tanks. So two questions: Bout how many tanks to break in a new shindy? And about how long do you get on a tank of gas?? I will put up with its consumption because this thing is unstoppable, i see why so many reccomend shindy!

Thinks guys! snapper
  2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Seems like mine runs atleast 30 mins. at WOT. Never timed it. Might tomm. (seems more like 45 mins.)
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

my 260 sucks the gas but gotta love the power. I guess the power thing gets us all the time in fuel usage. Too bad they don't make diesel trimmers and blowers. the tork and power would blow your mind....
  4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

45 minutes and about two weeks to totally loosen up.
  5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Our T 270's will run about 45-50 mins. WOT. Can almost finish a couple 1 hour commercial properties without refueling..Aren't you glad you bought a Shindaiwa?
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

My new M2500 use much less fuel than my T230.
  7. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

Since this one is about shindaiwas trimmers, maybe yall can tell me whats wrong...that is if something was.

Used one today that was a community trimmer, no particular owner. This trimmer is twice as heavy as my kawa and it vibrates worse than a 1960 Harley. The heavy part is beside the point but the vibration was unreal, I used it for about 20 minutes and my hands were cramping and numb.

The shaft looked straight and it wasn't all that old, ran and sounded fine.

Any ideas?
  8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Mine would only do that if the cutting head was out of balance.
    They claim to have a "Full anti-vibration system".