How much horse power do it need?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Shack, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

I am thinking of getting a Boomer TC33D. My ? is how much HP would I need for general grading or ground prep. I have a New Holland L 785, but for some reason I have this big need/want for a tractor.

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Unless your doing huge areas, then 30 to 50 hp is all you need. we have N.H. in the 30 to 50 hp class and find they can do just about anything. getting into bigger areas you'll find bigger attachments help but most that you'll buy will be n the 6'to 8' rangge and the TC33 will handle them fine

3. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

I see you've already got a healthy skidloader so tractor choice is a question of what you want to do. If your looking to just do pulling type work and grading, or do you have a need for heavy lift and carry. Also, 2wd vs. 4wd. If your looking to just use attachments a 4wd in the 30 to35 hp. range is a pretty good bet. If you go 2wd add 10 to 15 hp. I've got this same dilemma where I have a 753 Bobcat and a 2wd 45 hp Deutz loader tractor. I am now a believer in BIGGER skidloaders and smaller tractors.