How much $ in 1 day ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rob Mow Moore, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Rob Mow Moore

Rob Mow Moore LawnSite Member

How much money can a 1 man crew make in one day (gross) ? I know it will vary depending on your equipment. I have a 36'' Scag wb, 21'' Toro proline, stihl edger, echo timmer, and echo back pack blower. Most of my clients are residential. I got my first commercial yesterday, have not mowed it yet. The best I've been able to do is $250.00.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

depending upon how many hours you want to work during the day, and how close your accounts to each other are (less travel time), you'll be able to do much better than that i'm sure.
  3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

When I was solo, I regularly grossed $450/day. That was mowing only - maybe a little shrub trimming in there also. I used a 36" stander.

Those were long, hard days though.
  4. Rob Mow Moore

This is really my first year. Last year I took care of 3 - 4 lawns, to see if it was something I wanted to do . I'm only mowing part time, I work 4 - 10hr days and mow on fridays, somtimes I'll mow a few after work. I still don't have my choice of clients. When I get more customers I'm planning on raising my prices or dropping some that I have under priced.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It takes time, my first year I almost never broke 200, my second year I was around 200'ish, the third year still blew but my fourth year I discovered I could break 300 easy and somedays 400, really 250 was a minimum by then but it didn't start out like that.
  6. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

my best day so far has been about $400. i'm sure i could do better consistently if it wasn't such a rural area. i have one strip where i do 4 postage stamp lots in about an hour and net about $130 for that one hour.
  7. Mowpower

Mowpower LawnSite Member

Not worth getting out of bed for less than $300 a day.
  8. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Too vague a question to be honest. Depends on area you are in, what the market is like, how tight a sched you run, loc of account (windshield time), a ton of factors. Sorry can't honestly answer.
  9. Rob Mow Moore

I'm in the DFW area, the market is unlimited it seems like. Most of my accounts are within a 5 mile radius. i I do have 2 account that are not in this area, I mow them first so I'm driving ther when it's too early to mow.
  10. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The most I've made in a day is $418.00. I worked between 9.25 and 9.5 hours that day. I had another schedule where I would have made $500 and something, but I ended up breaking it into two days. I just mowed 10 condos in 2 hrs 25 mins and made $152.00. I still have another 2 hours 20 mins work left including drive time. I'll have made $230.00 when I get done today. I'm still in that $45.00 and hour area overall.