How Much Is A 300 Gallon Fiberglas Sprayer New?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The Lawn Crew, Dec 13, 2005.

1. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Lawn Crew, I know this isn't exactly on topic here, but were you looking to maybe bid on that sprayer on e-bay? If so notice that the seller has a NEGATIVE 2 feedback! I didn't even know it was possible to have a feedback that was a negative number! Since you are both in New York I would go to him in person if you are really interested, you never know it may be a fraud too. Better to see in person.

4. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

While he has a negative 2, he really has 4 negative feedbacks out of 5 transactions?.......and he takes several weeks to respond to each problem?.......not the kind of guy I wanna have a deal with.........I'd go see it in person...........:gunsfirin :nono:

5. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

figure around $4000-$4500 new

6. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco sells the 200 gallon fiberglass with 8.0 hp Kaw. for $4199.00 plus tax. With enough customers it will pay for itself in no time.

7. josh mcguire

josh mcguire LawnSite Member
    from ma

I am selling a 300 gal fiberglass tank for 2000.00 and for an extra 750.00 i will install a brand new electric start motor in it. The setup I am selling sellf for almost 8000.00 from graham lawn equipment http://www.grahamlawnequipment.net/gle300.html
    Check there site same system.

8. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

before you buy anyone's used spray equipment,make sure you know and I mean KNOW what's been in it. Hoses, fittings and even in the inside of the tank itself can become inbedded with residue that can be released at any time. Imagine buying a sprayer that was used for roadside sterilant use, you mix up with a highly acidic lawn mix and go out and app a 4 acre high end residential property with it. The mix goes volatile and you burn down the entire lawn. Replacement costs, 24 cents per square foot. Now how does that bargain sprayer look? Tank cleaners/neutralizers can only do so much and even state so on their labels, so be wise, ask ask ask, verify verify verify.

9. josh mcguire

josh mcguire LawnSite Member
    from ma

That is a good point however you can neutralize all products with a tank neutralizing product. This will even allow a lawn care truck w/ herbicides to spray trees and shrubs

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

AS LONG AS U CLEAN IT GOOD u should be ok
    i also would rebuild the pump and get any gunk out of it also to be safe