How much is a used Hustler Super Z worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by saleen1996, Jun 5, 2004.

1. saleen1996

saleen1996 LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I need a little help with this Im new to this and any help will be greatly appreciated! How much is a used Hustler Super Z worth, it has around 450 hours, its the 60 cut, and the 25 hp Kawasaki a/c gas.

Thanks Again for your help!

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The new list on that mower is about $9500. When I bought my Hustler Z last fall a new super Z 60/25 was going for less than $8000 with dealer discounts.
    That is a terrific mower and if it is in good condition and not abused it will probably fetch $6000-$6500. Hustlers are tough mowers and will last a long time if well cared for.

3. saleen1996

from Atlanta

Wish I had all my money up about a month ago cause I saw one for 6500 with only 120 hours and it was a super z 60/25.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

The bigger, more sophisticated a mower is, the more risk you take on buying a used one, but the more you can save vs. new. That class of mower is expensive. You can save a lot. But if the owner knows something is messed up that will fail soon, you might not get such a bargain. Be sure you know how to check one out well.

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Unless it has been abused, you will not be dissapointed with a Hustler.

6. saleen1996

from Atlanta

Thanks for all the help! Is their any advise you can give me to look for, when I go to check this thing out.

7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Yes... when you check it out... cut as much grass as you can for as long as you can. Maybe you can ask if you can take it to a dealer to be checked out. An honest seller should not have a problem doing this for you...

Good luck