1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how much is insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by puregreen345, Jan 17, 2006.

1. puregreen345

puregreen345 LawnSite Member

how much does basic insurance usually run?
  2. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

just got contractors insurance...1000 bucks for the year...1mil liability and that covers one truck and my equpt. this is good for plowing residental and being a sub for commercial
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

For what? There is nothing simple about commercial insurance. My insurance coverage paperwork is in a 1" freaking 3-ring binder:dizzy:

Mine covers my equipment, stuff that I rent, and the big one--commercial plowing. 3k for the year. Don't commercial plow and it would be in half.

FYI, depending on what you have written up it can take a while. Mine took about 2 months.
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

At 17 it'll cost you nothing because no one can insure a 17 year old because you can't sign a legally binding contract prior to 18. So, you'd have to get your parents to get it in their name. The cost will depend on a vast number of things and could run as little as $300-$400 or as much as $2000.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I agree with Mike, I think that the lowest I ever paid was around $585, and it can run up into the thousands depends on what you are doing, what is covered, you annual sales, etc.
  6. GrasshopperLC

GrasshopperLC LawnSite Member

I pay $550.00 per year for $1 mil coverage
  7. justinslawncare

justinslawncare LawnSite Member

$2000 and that covers truck all equipment liability and workers comp up to $5000 for one employee