How much is liquid chelated iron in your area ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MJB, Apr 10, 2002.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I thought iron was inexpensive. In Wa St where I live they want $22 per gallon, and very few companies carry it. According to this dealer, the label says 1 qt per 1000 sq ft. Is this correct? If anyone knows of a place to order it in 5 gallons or more please let me know. Thanks for the info.

2. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a 55 gallon drum last year from Turfgrass South in Northern Kentucky for around $300.00. Really great stuff.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello MJB,

Can you forward me this suppliers name & number? I want to sell them some Iron. We sell Chelated Iron (that we produce) for $6.25-$12 per gallon depending on sales volume, type of iron, & geographical destination (freight). The application rate is only 4-8 oz/1000 to.
    Someone is making big money off that Iron, but it won't be the applicators.

Steve

4. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

You can email me a fellow Mossback.....you're payin' too much! Mine is 4 oz/1000k plus has minors
    OR try this: www.rootsinc.com
    look up Fe8....it's the deal for the NW being our soils lack K....

5. MJB

from Wa

Thanks for the info I new that didn't sound right.
    This is a large fertilizer company, and the guy I talked to was new, but is in a top position with the company. They were suppose to fax me a label and that never happened either. I'll try them again tommorrow to get to the bottom of this. Sure would be nice to have a Lesco in the neighborhood:)
    I'll get back to you Tremor on what I find out.

6. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

Call WILBUR-ELLIS or UHS

7. MJB

from Wa

Thanks guys, I found it for $10.30 gal at Wlibur Ellis. But everyone else was $22 gal.

8. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

I regularly use Iron Chelate and pay $18 per gallon. Only available in my area in 2.5 gal portions.

9. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

From wilbur you most likely got FeRROMEC....
    if you look into the Fe 8 from roots (they don't sell it goto uhs) the Fe8 will correct your K problems in the soil while feeding roots, the coolr is great and the turf gets SUPER thick....
    Ferromec will just green it up and make it grow......it's not a long term thing....
    Go www.rootsinc.com