How much is my hydro WB worth???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TROTTMAN, May 15, 2004.

1. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

I am about to sell my walk behind and I want to get an idea of what I can expect. There are not many used mowers available, and a decent market. Here are the specs...

Its a Bobcat 48" mower. The mower is about 5-6 years old and the paint is decent. The paint is faded, but is still on the deck for the most part except on the outer edges where it has rubbed up on things over the years.

Its a dual hydro mower, and both hydros pull strong.

The engine only has about 1 full season on it, and its a beast. Its a Kohler Command Pro 20hp twin cyclinder engine.

So bascially, a Bobcat 48" hydro fixed-deck walk behind that is about 5-6 years old with a 20 hp twin Kohler engine with one season.

What should I be able to get for this unit? Thanks.

2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I assume the first engine wore out, so that indicates some hours on the unit. That means the hydro pumps/motors are getting up there.

What's a comparable new unit cost? $4,000?

I assume it's pistol grips. A negative to a lot of people, myself included.

Not my style of mower (hate fixed decks, especially on larger sizes, also can't use pistols) but if I was in the market for one I would say $1200. That is low, but a hydro mower that age has a LOT more to replace on it than a belt drive. I bought a used hydro that was a lot newer than that and had a $600 repair within a month. A smart buyer would factor in a worst-case scenario in terms of replacing the drive system.

More cash-strapped buyers may be willing to pay more to avoid having to pay 4 grand for a new one, but not me.

3. ztrx

ztrx LawnSite Member

Greetings:
    That unit is worth about $900-1200 dollars at the most. If it runs good, gives an excellent cut and the buyer is in dire need maybe up to $1500.
    Good Luck
    Nick

4. TROTTMAN

In my area it will go for about double that. Not many available, a lot of people looking...

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you know what it will go for in your area, then why are you here asking people who aren't from there?

6. TROTTMAN

bruce32, good point lol... I guess I wanted to know what its worth elsewhere, just in case I didn't sell it here. Thanks.