How much is my lawn tractor worth?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by jccollins, Jun 13, 2006.

1. jccollins

jccollins LawnSite Member

Can anyone help me figure out how much my lawn tractor is worth? I am getting ready to sell it, because I don't have the space due to relocation. It is a 2005 Poulan Pro Lawn Tractor. 24 HP BRIGGS & STRATTEN, 48-inch cut. Only 15.5 hours, Used-Like New basically. I paid a little under 4 grand, and looking to sell it for 1500, is that a good asking price? I couldn't find a site to let me know what it is worth.

2. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

I don't see why you couldn't get that for it, if not a few hundred more. It's hard to put a value on "homeowner" tractors, mainly because they are not traded and/or sold new at dealerships. It is worth what another person thinks is fair to pay for a basically new item.

I would put it in the local paper for $1,700 and see what you get.........

3. jccollins

I figured that, I had a man say he could get one at Lowe's for 1199 and I told him, not a 24 Horse. He was fos.

4. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

Tell him to have at it.:rolleyes: I doubt it though, the bigger (24 horse) ones at Sears are over $3,000 now.

5. jccollins

Well, thanks for your imput. I am going to try for that. I am just no expert on the subject and didn't want to let almost a 4 thousand dollar investment go for nothing.