How much is my mower with?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mikeg121691, Dec 10, 2011.

1. mikeg121691

mikeg121691 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    My parents recently just split up and when my dad moved out he left his mower since he doesnt need it at his new place, and my mom now has a lawn service so she doesnt need it anymore, and thus i come to you for help. I know close to nothing about mowers and have no idea how much this thing is worth or what i can get for it.
    The mower is a Metro Exmark with a Kawasaki FH430V 15HP engine. Its gotta have no more then 100 hours on it, and its a couple years old, but in great condition, can anyone give me an idea of how much i could get for it?
  2. lawns4life

lawns4life LawnSite Member

i'd say around 1700 if its in good condition
  3. mikeg121691

mikeg121691 LawnSite Member

that seems a little low to me but i could be wrong, ive found a couple of the same mowers online and they are going from like 1500 to 4000, what makes one so much more then another?
  4. i cut with ferris

i cut with ferris LawnSite Member

pics could help
  5. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Age, hours, and overall condition. There isn't a guide or actual book value to equipment. Just go off of what is comparable.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

but good luck selling it, might be better to wait till the spring if you want more $$
  7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Split up or divorced? I'd sure hate to sell something before the divorce is finalized.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Are you sure that mower is your's to sell ?
  9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

4000 is brand new here.
  10. BeeCreekLawns

BeeCreekLawns LawnSite Member

If it is fixed deck and pistol grip, I paid $2,600 with tax about 2 yrs ago brand new.