How Much Is This Older BCS Worth???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Weve had this old BCS unit in the barn for years now. It came with the property when we bought it (a christmas tree farm) It dosent run and just has the shears attachment with it. The motor is made by ACME and has a gaurd missing off it but thats it I think. Id like to sell it and buy an attachment for my 4100 with the money (or get it running and use it this fall) What can you tell me about it?? I know nothing.. :confused:

bcs side.jpg

2. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

Check out http://www.bcssmallfarmequip.com/ for some info.

BCS makes commercial quality equipment. A rough guess based on the condition of the treads says that the PTO & drive are going to be in great shape. I have no knowledge of ACME engines, but if it is shot, you can find another make that will fit, maybe with a fabricated plate.

Oil up the cutter bar and get it running. Should be fine.

Take a look at what other attachments will fit.

ETA: Value, if the engine needs replacing, will probably not be much due to labor involved. Fix it yourself.

3. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

I ran one years ago with a tiller and sickle bar and bush hog attatchments. nice machine.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

We had one at a rental company I used to work for. Parts can be very difficult to come by. They ( bcs) almost seem like they are a cottage industry type product. Howeever, it was a kinda cool machine, The one the rental company had, was powered with a 8hp Kohler Magnum, and I've seen them with lot's of other different engines before as well, So if the engine's shot, or you can't get parts for it, you could probably swap engines pretty easy...