how much is this part?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PORTER 05, May 7, 2008.

1. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

was wondering if anyone knew how much the WRIGHT velke X2 is???

also do i need any additional parts to hook up to my 48" exmark metro belt drive deck mower.

also if i can just attathc this thing or am i going to need to do some drilling ect..

thanks alot!!

2. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I had one on a Metro 36". You'll need to drill 4 holes for the mounting plates. Not a big deal. I think I paid $275.00 for mine last year.

3. PORTER 05

how did the 36 handle it , did it pull you right along alright??

also do the two wheels on the velke fall in line with the wheels on the deck mower so that they dont make additional marks on the lawn??

also can you take it on and off the deck mower fast if you dont need it on certain lawns

sorry for all the questions im proubly going to buy one this weekend!

thanks alot for the info!!!!

Porter

4. I've got 2 velke x2's - both of them on Exmark's actually.. one on a 36 and one on a 48 - both mowers (same engine of course) pulled it just fine. The Metro's are only 450-475 pounds, so adding a couple hundred more is nothing.

They follow the exact same track as the wheels on the walk behinds, and are good units, however - KEEP the wheels on them greased! The bearings are gonna wear out faster if you don't.....

You can get them on Ebay for about $270 - shipped - through Russo...

Go ahead and get it - you'll be happy with it

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 6'2" 240 lbs....I hate belt drives. I got rid of the Metro in favor of the TTHP. The 36" would pull ok in wide open areas.

There is a pin than you can pull out that disconnectes the Velke from the mower. Takes about 5 seconds.

6. PORTER 05

thanks guys, proubly order one up this weekend , if im not working-!

7. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Don has one on the floor, or somthing simliar to what you are lookin for... take a ride down an check it out. I think it was like $200? But don't take my word..