How Much Is This Worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

A Husqvarna 42" 21HP w/mulch kit 36 hrs. Its a brand new baby rider. Perfect for small residential yards. It cost 5200 w/ a discount and it was only purchased this year. How much do you guys think its worth? please be honest.:p

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I assume it is a ZTR; commercial quality. If so then about $1500 less than what you paid. If it is a steering wheel type rider then I have no idea since I would only give you about $200 for it.

3. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

its a ZTR commercial quality... its really great, but I can buy two or three wb's for the price of this thing,,well,, thanks keep em coming

4. Barkleymut

Trust me 2 WB's unless they are both 60" will never outproduce a ZTR in an 8 hour day. I own and run both WB's and Z's. You cannot compare the 2. By the way I would GUESS your mower is around $4000. How did you get a Z for $5200??? What kind of discount is that? Let me guess "I'm dating the dealer discount?"

5. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

lol, naw,,,,,I thought I got burned, oh well, shake it off, thats my last visit to that dealer. Well, I am a solo operator and will probably be adding my first crew next year as I'm getting alot of work, (which is good). I have a 61" and 42" rider and don't know what to do for next year, I'm great of the riders, cause I've been doing it for a long while before I started out on my own, but unless I craw on this 42"z it still seems to want to hurt the turf, and its TERRIBLE on hills, mostly when just the slightest wetness,. I thought that a wb would help me, do you think I'm insane??? thanks

6. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

quote: (Trust me 2 WB's unless they are both 60" will never outproduce a ZTR in an 8 hour day.)

I have run w/b 52 bunton for years and many different ztrs. Anway i turn it the ruff off camber years i mow could not be done nearly as quick if at all with a ztr. They are great but in my area a w/b is regired somewhere in the shed. I have put off buying a ztr for years because there are always places that i will have to use w/b or push mower. A hydro w/b will go places you can harbly walk.
    Not looking to start a fight but ztrs cannot replace w/bs in all yards. If a 52" rider will mow my yards as quick as a w/b I will buy today.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

check out the TANKS !!!! great on hills

8. Barkleymut

44toy- you are right that some yards require a WB. Luckily most of my properties are well suited for a Z. I have 2 WB's and they are used for certain areas and properties but there are days when I don't load up either one.