How much is this worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Apr 28, 2004.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I am NOT selling this, but if you were to buy a used push blower, how much would you give for this one? Its mine, and I am trying to make ends meet, and im trying to figure out the value of some equipment, and how much it could go for if I sold it.

Obviously its a Giant VAC. Its a 8HP Big Block Briggs and Stratton Engine which had the entire carb assembly rebuilt, and Rebuilt (and cleaned inside and out) the rest of the engine. It also

giant vac push blower re-size.jpg

2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I would not pay more than $500 for it. Just my thought. I bought a Giant vac with a 5hp Briggs on it a year ago for $350. It's not the strongest blower but gets the job done

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't pay over $300. for it.

4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

although i think 300$ is a little low w/out having tried it out, i would guess 3-500$. if i were buying it off ebay...3 - 350$.

5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

300.00-400.00

Im typing cause this has to be 15 characters:rolleyes:

6. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

3 sold at a turf auction, last week, for 180-275, so that's 360-550 your $ :)

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

ok, so right in the 350ish area. Thanks everyone :)

8. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

Are you serious 300 for that ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. you start paying that much for that old machine and your a fool. if you were desperate maybe a 125-145 at the max. I bought one of those with a 5 hp engine in just as good conditon for $50 2 years ago. Spend the extra money and buy a little wonder new or used.

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

What do you mean you're trying to make ends meet? You're only 17 for cryin' out loud. Stop spending so much time painting your equipment and go find jobs to put the equipment to good use! ;)

10. The Lawn Boy Pro

dude, i do have accounts, but in order to have better machines, you gotta sell your old stuff first. And i believe if an older machine is in good shape, its more likely to sell. and thankyou very much, but that engine is practically 1 year old.