1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much is your business worth?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TriMLawN, Nov 15, 2007.

1. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Might be something to think about? I know I was not too impressed with the amount of supply yards down where my inlaws are, or nurseries for that matter either. I think the only decent one was a tractor supply, and looked like they were very limited.

I do agree that the market is just flooded with lowballers and new guys more and more. I opened up the yellowpages the other day and found 4 pages of new ads from companies I have never heard of before. I couldn't believe it. Theres a handful of guys that help each other out, but the amount of unlicensed guys is incredible.

2. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

my mow and blow are minimum $35/accounts, $140+ a month. $60/month difference, i still dont see the profit. $4k a month doesnt even cover fixed monthly bills. clearly your not factoring in retirment, equiptment replacement, etc into your prices, which is probalby why you want out

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I am guessing this is part time... firefighter, emt, etc.