1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how much is your Spraying Ins? & Where did you get it?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TurfPro, Jan 6, 2004.

1. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

I need to find a good carrier for Applicator Ins. Lets compare some rates.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Continental Western Insurance Group based out of Nebraska...$500 a year for 1mil GL. I think the law here requires 5K property damage and 20K personal. What they did is just wrote it in with my exisiting GL insurance.....savvy?

3. ArchiesLawns

ArchiesLawns LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Turfpro, where are you located? We use Luce, Smith & Scott out of Cleveland.
  4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

My insr. co. included a pesticide endorsement at no extra charge.
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Western Reserve Group in Wooster, Ohio. Costs me under a grand for 1 million dollar policy.
  6. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

Those are some good deals,,,,, my current GL carrier (750k) does not offer a Herbicide/Pesticide policy.In fact,I called them the other day to add it and they said they'd drop the policy if I did apps.
    I'd really like to find a Co that would package it should be a better deal that way. Any other company suggestions?
    I'm in Oklahoma if it makes a difference.
  7. greenworkslawncare

greenworkslawncare LawnSite Member

We use Cameron Insurance for our General Liability and that includes chemical applications. I am not sure what areas of the country they are in, however, they are located in Missouri. I pay it at the rate of $75. per month. That seems high but some of my customers require one million in coverage. Thanks, John
  8. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Scottsdale is my insurance provider. In fact, where I am located, it is the only one providing pesticide application coverage.
    The cost?
    Better sit down!
    $1875.00 per year - and I have never filed a claim on the pesticide.
    My insurance started at $825 per year with this company in 2000. In 2001 it went to 1175, '02 1500 and same in '03.
    All with out a claim.
    Apparently a company(not mine) doing pest apps got in a motor vehicle accident, so everyone doing apps suffers.
    I have informed all my customers about spraying/applying rate increases due to the insurance - and they all understood - didn't lose a one.
  9. TurfPro

TurfPro LawnSite Member

That's a good deal in my book. I pay 45.00 per month just for my G.L. w/o the pest apps. Do you have a contact (web site or phone) for your ins carrier?

SWD : Good to hear from you again! You're taking it on the nose buddy :eek: . whew! Gotta work with what you can get ,right?
  10. greenworkslawncare

greenworkslawncare LawnSite Member

You'll just have to check the agents in your area and ask if they represent Cameron Insurance. Or try the web and see if you can pull them up. John