How much lots can I do?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kebrowns, Dec 10, 2011.

1. kebrowns

kebrowns LawnSite Member

also, its not all 8000 sqft thats the lot size.

2. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

First off, you didn't mention the bush trimming in the op. Are you going to trim those bushes on a weekly basis? Chances are very good that you won't. As an example I trim boxwood 3 times a year. You need to time the mow, trim and blowing off the hard surfaces and the beds, if needed.

3. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

First I think you need to seperate mowing from bush trimming unless you trim these bushes every time you cut.
    I forget where I posted it here, but I have two customers side by side with the same size lot, one takes 15 minutes the other just under 30 one is flat one is way hilly.
    If I was doing this, (in your flat yard) and it really took 15 mins, the counts taking gear off the truck/trailer and putting it back on I would charge $30.00 this includes trimming and blowing. The bushes or any other yard work except bush whacker or chain saw I charge $40.00 with 1/4. hr minimum, so the 3 bushes would be $20.00 unless they were really small (I would be doing them probably 3 times a year). Total stop $40-50.00.
    I do this with all my accounts and general book $20 extra per stop I use this a part of my plan on how many accounts I can do in a day.