1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much money will i keep?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by realtree27, Feb 13, 2007.

1. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

If I gross $70000 this next year. How much will I net after paying help at $7.50 an hour an all other exspenses. Just give me a ball park range..

Thanks Marc
  2. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

That is a very broad question. No way to answer that, outside of just a shot in the dark.
  3. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

Well, thats gonna partly depend on how many hours your $7.50 per hour help works.
  4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

You can't even get a ballpark range with that vague of a question.
  5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

My guess is $14.29 after all is said and done... Thats about as close a guess as I can figure.
  6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Perfect ball park figure............
  7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

That seems a little on the high side.
  8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Now that I have ran the numbers and thought about it I revise my first estimate of $14.29. My new estimate is $9.73 net profit...
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on how many hours you pay your help and if you pay them legally or not. We also need to know what your per hour expenses to operate are and how many hours you operated.

I don't have employees but I do know that it costs me about $19 an hour to stay in business. That includes taxes, insurance, fuel, replacement parts, oil, replacement costs for new mowers, truck, advertising, postage, software etc.

I have a friend who did around $70k last year with a couple of employees (no taxes taken out) and his net is so low he won't even tell me what it is.
  10. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

oh sorry guys for not enough info...

how bout 300 a week in gas
    640 a week in labor
    200 for misc parst and crap
    all based on a 20 week mowing season... and if i left anything out let me know!!

this is my second year cutin grass! iam really trying to expand alot