How much money will i keep?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by realtree27, Feb 13, 2007.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

insurance, mortgage/rent, benefits.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This is still kinda useless. What about new equipment purchases, taxes, tax prep, vehicle costs etc.. The list goes on and on. Even though you may own what you plan to use that equipment will still have to be replaced at some point and you have to figure that in now. You should be putting money away for future purchases. It's how good business is done.

Let's assume just for giggles that your costs will be similar to mine plus your labor.

Forty hours a week times $19.00 equals $760 plus $640 for labor and another $300 for gas. That's $1700 a week in expenses. Multiplied by 20 weeks is $34,000 a year in expenses. That leaves you $36,000 before FICA (another 15.3% off the top) takes $5500 dollars leaving you with $30,500 net.
  3. realtree27

realtree27 LawnSite Member
    from harrah

buddy thats not good at all! that means iam only bring home a little over half!!! so i mite as well quit mowin and go hunt!!! not!! i will make way more money than that! ur one crazy guy!! but i like that!! i am lookin for an employee like u!! how bout it!! starting wage 500000.00 ;)