1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much more to charge????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassman1, Apr 6, 2006.

1. grassman1

grassman1 LawnSite Member

I have 2 potential customers who would like a quote on their property. The question comes from they both want their lawns mowed with a 22" push mower. I would charge $30 for my reg mower (36" wb). I was thinking $37 with the push. Your thoughts please.
    Thanks in advance.
  2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

they will be a pita...... your the person incharge, you choose which tool for a job, not the customer...... if they want it pushed mowed have them call the neighborhood kid...
  3. rob b.

rob b. LawnSite Member

I Had A Yard Last Summer That I Push Mowed At Request Of The Homeowner. First One Ever And The Last One Ever. I Started Using My 36in. Toro Wb And It Looks Just As Good. No Complaints From The Homeowner Either.
  4. fazzy815-66

fazzy815-66 LawnSite Senior Member

They will definetly picky!! I would price it so either way you win.If you would charge 30.00 for 20 min work.A 22" will take you about 1 1/2 (30 mins.)times that. I would price it at 40.00 if you really want it otherwise I would price it high enough to make it worth the customer being picky(It may take even longer) :clapping:
  5. Joey bag a' donuts

Joey bag a' donuts LawnSite Member

thats like calling a a carpenter and telling him you want him to build an addition onto your house but instead of using electric saws you want him to use the 1920's version with just the handle and blade...he'd just turn around and leave, so should you.
  6. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

I would tell them you charge $50 per hour for mowing, and you will cut it all with nailclippers if they want, as long as they pay you for your time.
  7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that is perfect...:drinkup: :drinkup: