how much off MSRP

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mike lane lawn care, May 21, 2008.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

ok guys. now is the time to buy, since the dealers aren't moving trucks. i've finally decided my 1500 has had it, and i've had it with the truck. i was test driving a 2008 2500 work truck bare bones. a/c and 4 wheel drive and that was about it. the sticker price was $30k, what would be a reasonable price to offer for this truck? i was kind of hoping for $25k

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have no clue what GM has for rebates right now, so I am not of much of a help. I can tell you that if I were buying a 30k Ford right now, I would really expect to pay no more than 23.5k or so plus TTL.

I would head over to Edmunds.com and check the TMV pricing. That should give you an idea of where you need to be.

3. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

well the dealers around here arent carry as many trucks as they use to.
    just not selling much anymore. ford focus sales are way up and almost everyone is trying to get out there trucks or suvs.
    to be honest i dont think this is the time for a new truck
    the way things are looking gas prices are going to be up with diesel soon
    I think Id go used before i bought a new one but thats just me.
    Edit: my dodge ram with the cummins is working out pretty good just what hurts it the price of diesel but eh I'll live
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=230504
    sadly im not sure but i think the chevy that had got rolled right over to my dodge loan making it $9000 just cant win
    but i do have a better truck now. Plus they had me get that gap insurance which i not even sure is worth it dam quick talking car dealer lol

Edit number2:by the way how does that simplicity work out for you? I was looking at one at the dealer near me they just started carry them

4. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

also if you dont mind me asking what size motor and deck do you have on that Simplicity Broadmoor

5. mike lane lawn care

i love the simplicity, gives a better cut than the walkbehind scag i used to have. it has the 20hp kohler engine, plenty of balls.

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I had the local chevy dealer at 6,000 below sticker almost right off the bat but they didn't want to go below that (this was almost 2 months ago). I'd expect $8,000 plus off of sticker on any new truck. Dodge is taking a lot off right now too, like $10-14,000.

7. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

what happend to the flatbed you were putting on it?

8. mike lane lawn care

the flatbed is on my 1/2 ton, which is dying on me. my mom has a CD account for me, which has approx $9k in it, that she's been saving for a while as a graduation gift. she said i could use it as a business investment, and right now, a truck with a warranty is about the best investment i can make to my business.

9. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I just bought a Dodge last week. Sticker price was $33,000. I didnt even have to talk them down. They gave me the price of $24,000 right off the bat. I got the 100 with the 4.7 and im getting 5-8 miles a gallon. Bastards admit there is a probem but cant do anything about it. So im pretty much f**cked. I dont know what else to do other than grab the vas and take it like a man.

10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

My sticker on one of my 2500's was 30 or 31k. I got it for 24,500 with tax, plates, etc. and they gave me the plow for free. So if the plow was included in the sticker, it would have been about 35-36k. Given that, there was about $10,000 off msrp.