1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much $$ per acre???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowinforaliving, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

On an acreage basis what would you guys charge? Your equipment is a Bad Boy Lightning 60" with L.C. 26hp Kawisaki or a Grasshopper midmount 72" with 22 L.C. Kubota Diesel. Either machine capable of making a nice cut on 2 acres an hour. If you had one of these machines to use, what would you charge per acre. No hourly prices please. Thanks.
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Minimum of $60 per acre.

Flat, no trees, no trimming.
  3. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

everywhere is different around here is about 55-65 and you will not land much of those at that price.
  4. Mowinforaliving

WOW. Around here its 30 to 50
  5. Grassbustin

Grassbustin LawnSite Member

One of my 2 estates I maintain is 6 acres, I get $800 for my 8 hour day. Grass cutting and trimming takes about 5 hours, so that would be about $100 per acre. The other 3 hours are spent on bushes, gardens, etc.
  6. Mowinforaliving

I envy you brother. Wish I could get some of those accounts.
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

one of my 10 acers,,, I cut about 3 a week "acers that is" I get 200.00.

about 3 hrs,,,,

exzample of how hard it is, how much time, how many bushes and such.
  8. Mowinforaliving

Thanks for the replies.....keep em coming guys.
  9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

heres a price from this area, you might laugh, i would.

Your lucky to get 22-30 an acre. I bid an 18 acre soccer field, I was at 25 an acre, I was high...just to show you. I bid an 8 acre commercial with alot of trimming, 350, I was WAY high. But if it's a one acre lot I can pull 60 for it, go figure.

People around here figure that because they don't have to drive as much with the big complexes, the price should drop drastically. But apparently they don't know what it costs to drive so they overly reduce it.

But it makes me feel better that I can normally hit out 4-4.5 acres an hour cleanly, I can do alittle over 5 acres an hour without striping and going all out (couple places I have that are really large, long runs with few turns)
  10. Mowinforaliving

That's how mine is here. I make 2 or 3 laps around mine for turning area, then make long passes back and forth. I have a 4 acre lot that I mow for the city, and with a 60" or 72" (ive used both) it only takes me an hour to knock it out. There's 2 trees throughout the whole place so it really goes fast. I also have a 29 acre highway for the city that's 2 miles long. I mow the median and both sides. I usually cut a 200ft block out, make long passes on it until it's done, then move up and cut another 200ft block out, and so on. Then move to the sides and do the same.