How much per application

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfman33, Nov 4, 2003.

1. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

doster's l & l,
    thats not spraying.... that's for pre-m, 20-10-10 granular stuff.
    if, you would have read the 1st page.

2. Buginout

Buginout LawnSite Member

I would use the $9 per k price until you reach 1/2 acre then use $160 to $200 per acre price. The price your customer gave you of $60 per quarter must be CL/TG because I cant believe any company in you area would stay in bis if they sold contracts that cheap!

3. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

At least tell me that the $135- $165 is clear profit. At least tell me that much. Whether you spray it, like someone else stated, or you spread it, the "granular stuff", you gotta charge more than $2.90/K. you can easily market it as 2 separate applications and make $5.80 with one app. If the market is ruined where you are from and everything is rock bottom and all clients know it, then you may be stuck with the $2.90/K. I am just trying to help you out and make more $$ for the same work.

4. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

We charge $175.00 per acre per app. Our minimum cherge is$65.00 per app. anything smaller is too much running around. we do mostly commercial work.

5. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

Legally you cannot apply any fertilizer with herbicide or insecticide combination without a L&O certification. As for price the 7-9 dollars per K is right on, in the Orlando area. That would include fertilizer, herbicide (as necessary), & insecticide (as necessary) done every other month. Figure $9.00p/k 0-10,000 sq. ft. $8.00p/k 11,000-20,000 sq.ft., and $7.00p/k for anything over 20,000 sq. ft.
    Also, FYI if you are applying illegally the inspectors are looking for you. I was inspected 2 months ago and they said they are going after illegal applicators aggressively.

6. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Doster, What do you charge per acre for pre-m and then for fert.

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Going rate in my areas is $7.00 per K.

8. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Your amounts you charge really is dependent on the market your in, the competition level, product costs and availability, along with account density. I know the market I'm in just from one town to the next pricing changes because competition is heavier in one than the other. Some areas I can get $6-$8/M with a stop charge and other areas $4-$5/M and a stop charge.