how much per sq ft for grub control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

how much do you charge per sq ft for grub control

2. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I'd ask again in about 6 months.

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

It's that time of year so I'll play Devil's advocate here.

For large turf areas some of the "Big Boxes" were bidding Merit at 20% LESS than their Agency COST of Merit here last year. Idiots. All they did was scout the turf & treat the hot spots with Dylox even when the bids clearly stated the buyer was expecting a blanket application of Merit.

How big are the lawns you're targeting?

4. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

they are any where from 1/4 to 5 acres

5. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

As a guideline I go by 2 1/2 times regular application price, this may vary some but for me it is a good guide.

6. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

My previous post wasn't that informative. I price mine like "LawnDawg65" for existing customers, 2.5 times regular application price, but also get 10% OFF. I have charged new customers 3 times a normal appication, but generally the 2-2.5 times is a good place to start.

7. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

You gotta love all the scientific answers here. Where did that formula come from? In my area, preventive apps average $9-10 per thousand square feet.

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

2 and a half times so how many jobs r u getting at that price? i know the stuff cost some bucks

9. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

Let me be more specific since doing the math of round price x 2-2.5 is apparently not "scientific."

I fell that measuring with a wheel and getting an exact square footage is as old school as you can get. In fact if you have access to tax records easily, like I do, you don't even have to see the lawn to give a rough price. You tell the customer if your wrong you'll honor it for the 1st application and adjust for later ones. I have only had to do that once. If your still measureing that way your loosing too much money doing estimates.

So for this sake i will use a 1/2 acre price(this averages to 9-12K sqft of turf) of $59.00 per regular application. So...59 x 2.5 = 147.50 or $145.00

It's specific enough for me, the few lawns i'm loosing on I'll make up on the lawns I'm making out on.

10. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Dusty Cedar
    What are your rates like? I'm closer to 2-2.5 as well