How Much Power?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iski3d, Aug 17, 2001.

1. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

Hey guys wondering what kind of engines you run in your 60" ztr's and how they do. Im talking cut and speed. Thanks.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

29 hp. Fuel injected, to a 60 deck. Cuts clean as can be, and can run up to 10 miles per hour. Yes, under normal conditions, it van mow this fast. Of course razor sharp blades help in this equation.;)

3. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

Is that a "Daihitsu" 29 hp?

4. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

16.5hp diesel Walker with 62" deck does great, also run a 16hp Kohler with a 52" SD deck

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

26 hp diesel yanmar on a 60" deck on my 2001 Dixie Chopper.

The cut is great at up to 12 MPH if you have smooth enough turf and the blades are sharp, and of course double blades. :)

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

25hp kohler,60" DIxie,with normal cut height,and single blades,power is adequete,with doubles,or thick grass,the power isnt there.Any hill at all,and it just bogs,unless you slow down.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I got a 23 hp kohler and under extreme conditions as all this rain we been getting it has sucked for power. I would recommmend 26hp and up when u consider buying an exmark lazer. I smell a trade in commin next year or a sale to get more power

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No, it's actually the Kohler. It's called a 26, but they say it's actually rated at 29 hp. Emission reasons or something like that. It's the Exmark Lazer EPS.

9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe 25 on a good day.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

WELL more than 25.:cool: Is yours 25? If so, how has it been for you? any trubs, or do you have one of the more recent ones?