How Much Pressure Washing Work Can You Get?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, May 18, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I was planning on buying a cheap pressure washer to clean the equipment and stuff but am wondering if I got one of the large commercial ones, if I can make money with it. Do any of you guys see or do alot of washing work?

2. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Not enough demand here.

As for washing equipment it's great on decks but a hazard for electrical components and rubber hoses.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

i thought that there were companies designated specifically to commercial washing.

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

This thread was moved here, I never noticed this section before. Seems like it may be a good service to offer. I need to know what I should have for washing houses, decks, drives etc. Do you have to have a heated one? How much do you have to spend to offer commercial washing?

5. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

there's definately money to be made with pressure washing. since you're already doing lawns, you have a good customer base to start with, they already know you and the quality of work you do. alot of them will want pressure washing. as far as pressure washers, it all depends on what you plan on cleaning. i only pressure wash drives, sidewalks, brick retaining walls, and other stuff like that. i stay away from houses and wood decks. so i currently use a 3500psi @ 4gpm belt driven pressure washer w/ a 20'' surface cleaner. the gpm is the most important. you need a minimum of 4gpm to run most attachments and the more gpm the faster it will clean. to get started a gear driven 4gpm pressure washer will be around $1000. a belt driven is around $1500 but it will last longer. a good surface cleaner will run about $3-400, not needed, but it will cut your cleaning times down by about 75%. i have actually thought about making the transition into only doing pressure washing, its easy work most of the time, but with the dry springs we keep having i'm worried about water restrictions.

6. Barry M

Barry M LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I have a good pressure washing customer base maybe I should offer to mow and keep up thier lawns too. What equipment do I need?

7. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

A Murray 16" lawn mower and one of the green weedeater from Wally world will go along way Barry.

Just remember, to mow and weedeat the going rate is 12.50 per 10,000 sq ft.

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

+1, some good info!

9. Don M.

Don M. LawnSite Member

:)

I'm just joking you know.

You guys get it all the time, us pressure washing guys get it all the time. I dont know why Lawn care guys cant give pw leads to pw companies and vice versa. Why try and do everything.

We got one of our pw brothers doing the same thing. He will wash anything and everything god love him. Know he is getting into parking lot striping. I just dont get it.:hammerhead:

10. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

more money? I suspect this has something to do with it, and yes i know you were kidding. Anyway, whats wrong with doing it all? I mean in terms of lawn care/landscaping/property management. I mean, if your mowing lawns and trying to get work fixing peoples cars while your there then ya, thats going too far but, mowing, mulching, edging, leaf cleaning, power washing, power brooming, its all the same.

What is parking lot stripping? Isnt that illegal?