How much rock...

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JasonFlippin, Jun 16, 2003.

1. JasonFlippin

JasonFlippin LawnSite Member

How much rock do you guys think it would take for this section. I am trying to bid it right so I dont lose my rear. If you can't tell its about 3-4 ft across by about 10ft long. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. JasonFlippin

JasonFlippin LawnSite Member

Let me try that again. Actually the size is probably closer to 6 ft across and 20 ft long. the picture should do justice. [​IMG]

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

general rule of thumb: one yard will cover 100sq ft when laid 3" thick.

so, 1.5 yard should get you covered well. as for pricing... make sure to factor in the PITA factor for moving and dealing with it.

4. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

any barrier underneath?

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

huh? 4x10=40 sq ft. 1/2 ton will do it. but, i wont do a half ton of stone, unless i charge for a whole ton. what kind of stone? it should cost u $16 for the stone, and about $5 worth of weed barrier. $140 for the job. 1/2 hr work tops.

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

read the 2nd post bobby.

7. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good picture, it portrays the job to be done better then most. Is that a rain-washed gully running out from under the mower? If so maybe some drainage issues should be addressed.

8. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

1.5 tons/yard will be enough...and as mentioned above make sure you put down commercial grade fabric...I use Typar.
    If you dont, over time the stone will disappear into the ground. Laying it looks easy on this job. Laying it in beds with lots of plants is a whole other story

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ah, missed the second post. yup, 1.5 ton. weed barrier a must