1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much RoundUp per gallon.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LouisianaLawnboy, Feb 22, 2009.

1. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

How much RoundUp do you use per gallon? I have a 5 Gallon backpack and I just paid a :dizzy::dizzy:145.00:dizzy::dizzy: for 2.5 gallons of generic RoundUp concentrate.(It has 41% glycosphate)

I will be using it for spot weed control.
  2. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm confused. You paid 145 for round up? I hope it was the sprayer. Good Lord!

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

It should tell you on the bottle (or the explaination packet). I generally use 3oz/gallon
  4. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy LawnSite Member

2 Oz's Per Gallon. Get a tip bottle so you will not have to carry measuring cups around
  5. not over a gallon for five gallons.
  6. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

1 to 2 ounces per gallon of water... depending on how much you want to put on
  7. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

for spot weed control I've had good success with 100:1 mix. 128 oz/gal = roughly 1 oz of 41% Glyphosate to 1 gallon of water. Remember, when you're spot spraying you're typically hitting the plant with more than the recommend dose per 1000 sq ft.
    You may want to check with your state about herbicide application requirements before spraying.
  8. LouisianaLawnboy

I'm studying for my Private Pesticide Applicators License now.

Yes 145.00 was for the RoundUp and not for the sprayer. It is 2.5 gallons.
  9. metiernan

metiernan LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Use Glystar, it is alot cheaper
  10. LouisianaLawnboy

Where can I get if from? Is it as effective.