How much service can one man bill per year

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by J Hisch, Feb 15, 2008.

1. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what numbers I can expect a service man to hit. I was thinking in the 85,000 range plus parts?

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Suppose it depends largely on your rate.

3. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

$132,421.25 - that is total production including materials. Gotta love Real Green Software.

4. Desertdweller

Desertdweller LawnSite Member

Too many variables. How many weeks a year do you work? How much is your rate? What's an average call? How many calls a day can a tech do?

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Depends also on region - both in pricing per hour, and available weeks to work due to cold weather. My tech works 9 months.

6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Installations were 64% of our totals for last season.

7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Rate being 80.00 per hour and 120.00 for weekend service. I have Real Green Also but just bought and Irrigation service company out and looking for real numbers. I know what there book said, but it was really old fashion bookeeping methods, would have taken a full season to do the math. Season would be March through Novemeber, with a few off season jobs.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

First, get spelling down.

9. Green Sweep

Green Sweep LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Pittsburgh, PA

Those rates are pretty close to ours. With Real Green, I can calculate the production from every individual in the company. That number is from one service tech. for the 2007 season. However, some of that money came from him doing installations when service was a little slow. It still is an excellent indicator of his total production because of the percentages used when posting the install work. In other words, if he was a part of a 4 man crew on a $5000 install, then he is responsible for 25%, or $1000 of the total job. I would say that roughly 20 grand of that $130,000 came from install work, the rest is start ups, repairs, and blowouts. We generally work from March through December.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Those rates are good ones..don't get too caught up with the
    rest of the b.s.