How much should I ask for my trailer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Can I ask that here?

A couple of months ago a neighbor mentioned he needed a trailer similar to mine for a motorcycle... I told him I was looking for a larger trailer and maybe he could purchase mine. Well tonight he knocked at the door inquiring about it. I told him I would get back to him in a day or so..

I purchased my trailer in Florida 3 years ago new, from a company called SunCoast. It's a heavy duty 6' x 12' enclosed. By heavy duty I mean the entire framing is constructed of iron (or steel) not alluminum. It has dual (torflex) axles, electric brakes, side door and two nice shelves up front.

The retail price for it was $3700 3 years ago. It is in very good condition. It has one dent in the fender and needs a good cleaning.

What do you think I should ask for it?

I could really use a larger trailer...

2. LawnPro in NC

LawnPro in NC LawnSite Member

Clean it and get 3650.00

3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

but not realistic.

Anyone think $2750 is out of line?

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I sold a single axle, no brakes, side door, torflex axles also, fold down rear door, Pace 6 x 12 last fall, it was a 1997 and was extremely clean. Set up for hauling dirtbikes. Had checkered floor and aluminum wheels and fenders. Trailer was black outside and painted white inside. I sold it for $2700. So you could compare it to that if possible.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Personally I would take my cost at new and try to get at least 75% of that. I don't know a lot about enclosed, but they usually hold value good.

6. 1,000,000 dollhairs

$2750 sounds fair.

7. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

While you're out pricing the new one you want, price the same trailer you have - the price 3 years ago means less than the current new price - could be up or down. I certainly wouldn't pay within a hundred or two of new price.

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

$2500-2700 i think would be a fair price.

9. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

If I was going to buy a trailer, If I couldn't get a used one for 75% of the price new, I would just buy one new.

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If that doesn't sell go 2200 firm.