How Much Should I Charge for a Sod Job??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by BW Landscaping, Mar 20, 2007.

1. BW Landscaping

BW Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hey guys, im learning alot about the Landscaping Business more and more everyday reading your posts (keep it up) But i do have a question, im charging my customers .99 a sq ft to instal sod, with all work complete for example i have a job for may 4600 sq ft @ .99= $4550.00 Now is that too much or to little???

anyone have any commets?

2. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

4500 bucks for 9.2 pallets of grass! I need to relocate to your spot. This would be my breakdown for my area, Jacksonville FL: 9 pallets of grass purchased @ 125 dollars per pallet (St. Augustine Floratem), let the company deliver. I would install at 40 to 60 dollars per pallet. Keep in mind that I am assuming that the ground is ready to accept grass with no grading, raking or tilling required. My total cost would be: 1665.00 for that job. With an additional 45 dollars due to me when I return the empty pallets to the sod yard. Anything outside of 25 miles from my office would incur an additional increase for gas. Keep in mind I also work alone.

Jay

3. BW Landscaping

ok sorry i understand your comments, the job is from start to finish, tear up old patchy grass add soil, remove sand from pool area, rototill, grade then fert and sod, thats why im asking that. So then i guess your saying too much?? or now how much would you say?

4. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Gotcha. Well, if you have to start from scratch.... then for 9 pallets its: 2250.00 Thats 250 per pallet. Thats the average price here in Jacksonville. I could see where your additional costs are coming from (grade, fertilizer etc.). Hope everything works out for you.
    Jay

5. BW Landscaping

thanks alot for the info. i guesss im charging too much, good thing i did not make a fool of myself yet....

6. Picture Perfect Landscape

Picture Perfect Landscape LawnSite Member

$2500-$3500 depending on price of sod.

2500 sod being puchased at approximately 60 bucks for a 450 sq. ft pallet. This is for start to finish.

7. bluediamond

bluediamond LawnSite Member

it's not that your charging too much, it depends on your area. i'm from long island too and we charge $1 per square ft. installed, that also depends on how much work is involved. I will bring in a few yards of top soil included in that price but if they need alot of soil then we charge extra for that.