How much should i charge for leaf clean ups.

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by olebrooklawn, Sep 22, 2010.

1. olebrooklawn

olebrooklawn LawnSite Member

I have a yard that takes me an hour to cut and weedeat. Im gonna have to blow the leaves in a pile and bag them. What yall guys think?

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

How many leaves are we talking here? Three big oak trees is gonna be different than a forest of Maple trees or even one Sweetgum tree.

In general, the bare minimum I charge on leaf cleanup is 3x to 4x more than the weekly mowing price.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In your area you should be able to just mulch them. Don't blow them before you mulch it just fluffs them up. We don't charge any extra. We do blow out the beds and around trees and kinda blow any debris toward the mower that is going in circle working stuff to the center.

4. olebrooklawn

olebrooklawn LawnSite Member

I dont have a bagger on my mower. I do have brand new gator mulch blades. Do you think if i run over the leafs enough i wont have to bag any?

5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I only took about four loads of leaves to the dump last fall... I ran gators on my mowers and double cut everything. Sawdust.

But I still charge a good bit more for the leaf cleanup - including the garden cleanup. Mostly what we have around here is pin oaks, and when they drop, they really drop.

6. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

5.00 and a bottle of pepsi.

7. GravyTrain

GravyTrain LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know how you guys get away with mulching leaves. Even this afternoon, I had a yard that I had to blow leaves on a tarp before I could start mowing. When oak trees let go of their leaves, you can be knee deep in leaves before you know it. You guys without that problem should count your blessings.

I had a yard I did 2 years ago, I filled my 6x12 with 5 foot sides 3 times before I was done.

8. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I'm counting them and by the grace of God I'll be cutting almost full speed for a few more months.

9. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Around here, it works out to about $100/hr plus disposal. After about 3 hours though, that rate usually drifts to about $90/hr plus disposal.
    If there's alot of hand raking, then the price varies yet again. But as a rule, I usually am on the machine 80% of the time with the rest of the time using the back pack blower.
    If it was a lawn that I'm JUST using the back pack blower on, I charge about $50/hr.

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i charge by the hour for leaf cleanups and a dump fee