How Much Should I Charge To Areate This Lawn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wil22, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I'm advertising to areate lawns for 60.00 up to 5,000 square ft plus 10.00 for every additional 1000 sf. Seeding is double the price. I got a call from a guy who said he wants his yard done, but he said it's a little more than 5,000 sf. and I probably have to pay more.

I measured it and it came out to be an acre 43,749 sf. How much should I charge to areate and seed this job?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I don't follow your question. Are you thinking about discounting it due to size? You can't go up if you have advertised as you will have to use the price you advertised at (or get in trouble the the AG's Office and the State of NC as it is against the law to not do so). The advertised price as I see it is for the aero is about $440 so i would certainly do it for that.

Since it is just a tad under an acre I'd probably tell him $200 to aero though and then whatever you charge for seeding. Better get on it to cause it's getting colder.

3. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I'm newbie. No I don't want to go up on the price, I was just wondering if anyone would pay that kind of money to have the lawn areated 440.00. Then an addition 440.00 to have it seeded.

I appreciate any help on this question.

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

The answer is... yes. Sell yourself.. stand behind your product/service.

What aerator will you be using? If you plan to use something like this you will be done in no time.

5. Lawn-Scapes

If this is your plan.. Have fun! :p

6. MMLawn

Hey Lawn-Scapes do you have the tools boxes on both sides of your trailer. I'm thinking about doing it after I saw yours earlier but really only want it on one side because of my trimmer, blower and cooler racks on the other. Do you think that it will cause the trailer to be off balance that way.

7. Lawn-Scapes

No.. I don't think it'll cause the trailer to be off balance :) LOL They are very light.

8. MMLawn

Yeah but I was thinking about it once it was full of junk more than empty. Thanks I think I am going to try it. :cool2:

9. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

$15.00 per 1,000............$125.00 minimum just to aerate. $1.25 per pound of tall fescue on the ground. $.50 per pound for 18-24-12 on the ground at 12,000 coverage per 50 lbs.

10. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

How much is the seed costing you? Send me an email, if you still have my address.