How much should I charge?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GoldyardLLC, Nov 23, 2012.

1. GoldyardLLC

GoldyardLLC LawnSite Member

I am new to landscaping. I wanted to know what is the average price range for lawn mowing in the Cleveland Ohio area?

Can you pinpoint me some prices ranges for the different type of services you offer?

2. $15 to $90

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't matter. Mowing is finished this year. Cost to do business next year is still a big ???? Once you figure your costs then you can compare them to the what your local economy will bear. I know your new here, but sometimes the best information is by reading and searching previous posts and topics. Nobody here can hand you answers to questions about YOUR business.:usflag:

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

This is the answer

5. GoldyardLLC

I get what you are saying. But I came on here for advice. I am assuming people on here have years of experience. I am just start out but only cut a few lawns in the past. I just wanted to get some clarity.

6. GoldyardLLC

I looked at the previous post but it is just so many of them to check so I decided to just post it.

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

It's not that people on here don't have experience. Trust me they do!! It's a very broad question. I may charge 35 where somewhere else it might be $50.

8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Telling us there's just too much to read so you'll just ask for the answers instead is a tough way to get an assist.

If you have no experience in this business, especially as it relates to overhead/bidding/profit, the best way to learn really is to read through the archives and then come up with questions for your clarity. You might be surprised at how often this topic is discussed. Trust me when I say that you, and your business start, will be much better for it.

Re: your specific question, what exactly is "Cleveland"? If my business targets Euclid, and yours targets Gates Mills, our overhead and fees will vary as wildly as those two markets, so the answer of $15-$90 is quite fitting.

9. GoldyardLLC

When I say Cleveland I means Cleveland Heights, University Heights, South Euclid, Lyndhurst,Maple Heights, Mayfield Heights. Those areas.

I was guess to charge $25