How much sleep do you need?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

How much sleep do you need during the busy days of growing season? What are your thoughts? Any comments on sleeping?
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Sleep isnt something i get much during growing season,i get from 5-6 hrs usually.I find the more i sleep,the more tired i am all day-i dont know why.If i could get 7 hrs-thats perfect,any more and Im feeling lazy,any less and not enough.
  3. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

I feel the same way John does. Most of the growing season , I average btw 4 and 6 hours a night. If I get more sleep I get lazy.

4. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Less in the summer--5-6 hours.
    Once late August/September hits it catches up and I can go 8-9 hours everyday through the winter. I am starting to wake early again since spring is around the corner.

5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

4 to 6 in the summer and 6 or 7 in the winter. I'm starting to wake up with the sun now too. Getting in my spring mode. Maybe when I get old, I'll need more. :)
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I could use about 12 hours of sleep ;)

In all seriousness though, I'm a night owl, easily able to stay up to 2:30am. So I'm going to have to start weaning myself of the late nights, and get myself back down to going to bed around 11:30. That way I'll be able to be up by 6:30am. We usually don't start till about 9:00 am, but I can't just crawl out of bed and go. I need time to adjust to the morning. :)

Matt on the other hand, is a morning person. It's nothing for him to get up early.

7. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I work midnight at UPS. I get in around 4:30 and get back up around 9:00 and start mowing. Im like everyone else if I get too much sleep I don't feel like doing anything.
  8. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

I need about 7 hrs during the season. Doesn't matter off season, but like the rest of you I'm getting up w the sun now.
  9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the amount an option?
  10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

as much as I can steal .......6-6.5 on work days .....sleep in on Sat - Sun