How much slow release?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wiseguyslawn, Mar 26, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Purchasing second round. I put pre-m granular down for first app. Second app will be liquid threeway with a granular fert and wondering what % of slow release works for everyone. This will be the same app for my fourth application in august. 20-30% or 50%, or even above 50% thanx for the input.

2. wiseguyslawn

from Ohio

This should have been asked before, but is a form of slow release necessary in your pre-m? I can get a pre-m with 40% slow release but instead of a AI of .86% it will have .75%. Thanx again

3. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

I would do another pre-m app lightly with the active and with 50% slow at about 3/4lb of N/k. Takes some calculation to find the right fert at the right rate for active ingred. Good luck.

4. wiseguyslawn

from Ohio

i am in northern ohio and have not applied my first app yet, I have choice of what to pick up next week. Only really want to apply pre-m one time then come in with my post in may

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we try to have 30-50% slow in all of our fert. i choose which % by how the growing is doing. if growing crazy, i use 50%, if not too bad then the lower %. either way, you will still get good results.